Eating a healthy breakfast can reduce the risk of obesity and high cholesterol, improve performance on memory-related tasks, and minimize impulsive snacking and overeating at other meals. Try this healthy breakfast hash recipe, which is high in protein and low in calories and saturated fat.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6-ounce cauliflower, finely chopped
- 6-ounce sweet potato, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- ½ tablespoon sriracha sauce (optional)
- 4 eggs, poached or soft boiled
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook onion for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in cauliflower and sweet potatoes, red pepper, garlic and salt. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in spinach and cook 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Stir in sriracha.
- Serve eggs over hash.
Fat (g): 12
Sat Fat (g): 2.6
Trans Fat (g): 0
Carbohydrate (g): 16.4
Fiber: (g): 3.8
Protein (g): 9
Cholesterol (mg): 186
Sodium (mg): 328.2