Raising Awareness on World Diabetes Day
According to the World Health Organization, 422 million people suffer from diabetes - a condition that is currently on track to become the 7th leading cause of death by 2030.
In an effort to educate and inform on this important day, experts at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, many of whom are instrumental in the Brigham and Women’s Diabetes Management Program, have developed a number of videos on the topic.
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes or think you may be at risk of developing this disease, watch the videos below to see what our diabetes clinicians want you to know:
- An Introduction to the BWH Diabetes Program - Marie McDonnell, MD
- What are the Types of Diabetes? - Marie McDonnell, MD
- What Does Diabetes Mean for Me? - Adam Licurse, MD, MHS
- What is the A1c Test? - Amy Flaster, MD
- Getting to Goal in Diabetes - Kayla Del Valle, MS, NP-C
- Getting to Goal in Diabetes (Spanish) - Kayla Del Valle, MS, NP-C
- Are You Worried About Diabetes? - Beth Klos, RD, LDN, CDE
- BWH Inpatient Diabetes Management Program: Discharge from the Hospital - Lauren Godsoe, NP, CDE